Academic Staff and Fellows
- Atsushi SUDO
- Professor Doctor of Engineering
- Department/Applied Chemistry Graduate school/Molecular and Material Engineering
The research focuses are 1) designs of new polymers with rigid frameworks, 2) precise syntheses of those polymers as designed based on organic synthesis, and 3) clarification of the properties of the polymer materials.
Synthesis of polymers from naturally occurring myo-inositol
|Research Area||Polymer Chemistry, Synthetic Organic Chemistry|
|Teaching (Undergraduate Course)||Experiments in Applied Chemistry VI, Project Design for Experiments in Applied Chemistry II, Organic Chemistry I, Organic Chemistry II|
|Research Interests||Synthesis of polymers bearing rigid skeletons from naturally occurring cyclic polyols
Development of carbon-carbon bond forming reactions using photoredox catalysis
(1) “Radical polymerizations of two stereoisomeric trimethacrylates with rigid adamantane-like cores from naturally occurring myo-inositol”, Okamoto, S.; Tanaka, K.; Sudo, A. J. Polym. Sci., Part A: Polym. Chem. Vol. 56, pp1743-1748 (2018).
(2) “Rigid diol bearing 6-6-6 fused ring system derived from naturally occurring myo-inositol and its polyaddition with diisocyanates”, Yoshida, A.; Sudo, A. J. Polym. Sci., Part A: Polym. Chem. Vol. 55, 3798-3803 (2017).
(3) “A Metal-Free Approach to 1,2-Diamines via Visible Light-Driven Reductive Coupling of Imines with Perylene as a Photoredox Catalyst” Okamoto, S.; Ariki, R.; Tsujioka, H.; Sudo, A. J. Org. Chem. Vol. 82, 9721-9735 (2017).
|Research and Achievements|
|BE from the University of Tokyo|
|ME and DE from the University of Tokyo|
|Title of Thesis, Institute, Date||Development and Application of New Artificial Chiral Auxiliaries, The University of Tokyo, March 1997|
|Biography||Assistant Professor, Research Laboratory of Chemical Resources, Tokyo Institute of Technology (1997); Lecturer, Molecular Engineering Institute, Kindai University (2002); Associate Professor, Molecular Engineering Institute, Kindai University (2006); Associate Professor, Faculty of Science and Engineering, Kindai University (2011); Professor, Faculty of Science and Engineering, Kindai University (2016)|
Polymer Synthesis Laboratory