Academic Staff and Fellows
- SUDO Atsushi
- Professor Doctor of Engineering
- Department/Applied Chemistry Graduate school/Molecular and Material Engineering
The research focuses are 1) designs of new polymers with rigid frameworks, 2) precise syntheses of those polymers as designed based on organic synthesis, and 3) clarification of the properties of the polymer materials.
Synthesis of polymers from naturally occurring myo-inositol
|Research Area||Polymer Chemistry, Synthetic Organic Chemistry|
|Teaching (Undergraduate Course)||Experiments in Applied Chemistry VI, Project Design for Experiments in Applied Chemistry II, Organic Chemistry I, Organic Chemistry II|
|Research Interests||Synthesis of polymers bearing rigid skeletons from naturally occurring cyclic polyols
Development of carbon-carbon bond forming reactions using photoredox catalysis
(1) “Synthesis of oligo(spiroketal)s by polycondensation of silyl ethers derived from naturally occurring myo-inositol with 1,4-cyclohexanedione” Sudo, A.; Yamasaki, T.; Yamashita, T.; Ishida, D. J. Polym. Sci., Part A: Polym. Chem. 2019, 57(24), 2407-2414.
(2) “Synthesis of hydroxyl‐bearing polyurethanes from naturally occurring myo‐inositol” Sudo, A.; Kaiba, K. J. Polym. Sci., Part A: Polym. Chem. 2019, 57(12), 1358-1364.
(3) “Organic photoredox catalyst with substrate-capture ability: a perylene derivative bearing urethane moiety for reductive coupling of ketones and aldehydes under visible light”, Okamoto, S.; Tsujioka, H.; Sudo, A. Chem. Lett. 2018, 47(3), 369-372.
|Research and Achievements|
|BE from the University of Tokyo|
|ME and DE from the University of Tokyo|
|Title of Thesis, Institute, Date||Development and Application of New Artificial Chiral Auxiliaries, The University of Tokyo, March 1997|
|Biography||Assistant Professor, Research Laboratory of Chemical Resources, Tokyo Institute of Technology (1997); Lecturer, Molecular Engineering Institute, Kindai University (2002); Associate Professor, Molecular Engineering Institute, Kindai University (2006); Associate Professor, Faculty of Science and Engineering, Kindai University (2011); Professor, Faculty of Science and Engineering, Kindai University (2016)|
Polymer Synthesis Laboratory