Academic Staff and Fellows
- Munekazu KOMADA
- Lecturer Doctor of Medical Science
- Department/Life Science Graduate school/Science Science（兼担）
I would like to clarify the influence of maternal environment during pregnancy on the development and development of children. In addition, I aim to prevent birth defects and contribute to the healthy growth of children. I would like to engage in the development of human resources who wish for the birth and growth of children who will lead the next generation.
|Research Area||Anatomy, Developmental Neurotoxicology, Congenital Anomaly|
|Teaching (Undergraduate Course)||Developmental Biology, Cell Biology,|
|Teaching (Graduate Course)||Developmental Biology, Biology and Environmental Chemistry, Biomolecular and Environmental Chemistry, Human genetics|
|Research Interests||Elucidating the effects of chemical exposure on fetal development
Elucidation of the influence of pregnancy environment on maternal and fetal brain function
Studies on the relationship between microglia activity and neurogenesis, development by brain inflammation
1) Takahashi M, Komada M, Miyazawa K, Goto S, Ikeda Y, (2018) Bisphenol A exposure induced increased microglia and microglial related factors in the murine embryonic dorsal telencephalon and hypothalamus., Toxicol. Lett., 284: 113-119.
2) Komada M, Hara N, Kawachi S, Kawachi K, Kagawa N, Nagao T, Ikeda Y, (2017) Mechanisms underlying neuro-inflammation and neurodevelopmental toxicity in the mouse neocortex following prenatal exposure to ethanol. Sci. Rep., 7:4934
3) Komada M, Gendai Y, Kagawa N, Nagao T, (2016) Prenatal exposure to di(2-ethylhexyl) phthalate impairs development of the mouse neocortex. Toxicol. Lett., 30: 69-79
|Research and Achievements||
Identify factors related to the development and development of children, and establish an environment related to healthy growth.
l Clarify how microglia and neuro-inflammation are involved in tissue organization of the neocortex.
l Understanding the association between neuro-inflammation in the prenatal period and congenital anomalies.
|Affiliated Academic Societies||Japan Teratology Society, The Japanese Association of Anatomiests, The Japan Neuroscience Society, The Japanese Society of Toxicology|
|Fukui Prefectural University|
|Biography||Kyoto University, Research Fellow (2008), Research Institute of Physiology, Research institute (2009), Fukui University, Assistant Professor (2010), Aichi Gakuin University, Assistant Professor (2013), Aichi Medical University Lecturer (2018)|
|Awards||Japan Teratology Society, Incentive Award (2008)|
|Message to Students||Let's face humanity and things with sincerity, and aim for the best possible effort and results together.|
|Office Location||Building 22, 5th floor|