Academic Staff and Fellows
- IKEDA Toru
- Professor Doctor of Mathematical Sciences
- Department/Science Graduate school/Science
A 3-manifold is a space in which a 3D coordinate system can be drawn around arbitrary points. Although it’s difficult to visualize an entire 3-manifold, work here involves cutting and pasting spaces and curves in order to study geometric properties such as symmetry.
Symmetric link exterior
|Research Area||Topology, 3D Manifolds, Knot Theory|
|Research Interests||Finite Group Actions on 3-Manifolds
Symmetries of Knots and Spatial Graphs
(1) Cyclically symmetric hyperbolic spatial graphs in 3-manifolds, Geom. Dedicata 170 (2014), 177--183.
(2) Finite group actions on homologically peripheral 3-manifolds, Math. Proc. Cambridge Philos. Soc. 151 (2011), 319--337.
(3) A topological approach to the Nielsen's realization problem for Haken 3-manifolds, Yokohama Math. J. 48 (2000), 139--172.
|BE, ME and DE from Osaka University of Tokyo|