Kindai University’s founding principles are ‘learning for the real world’ and ‘nurturing intellectual and emotional intelligence’, and we are committed to our educational goal of developing students into individuals who are caring, trustworthy, and respectable. We firmly believe that our founding principles and educational goal will be all the more important in the 21st century as Japan continues to develop further into a knowledge-based society.
As an academic institution offering a broad range of programs, with different faculties and strengths, we achieve the union of practical education and the nurturing of intellectual and emotional intelligence. Practical education in its true sense does not necessarily seek simple practicability; it also requires us to understand the meaning of the events unfolding around us. Standing firmly on an understanding of reality, we should continue to make steady efforts towards creative, intellectual, and emotional intelligence while keeping historical and cultural perspectives in mind. What makes for caring, trustworthy, and respectable people? We believe that such people are self-motivated and spur themselves on to contribute to society throughout their lifetime. Our mission is to provide such individuals to society.
We welcome applicants, from Japan and around the world, who share the views expressed in our founding principles and educational goal.
- Those with suitable academic achievements and emotional maturity
- Those who wish to learn in earnest and intend to set up their own objectives and are problem solvers
- Those who are able to trust and respect others and desire to be a person who is caring, trustworthy, and respectable
- Those who seek practical academic skills, with international perspectives
- Those who wish to further develop their own strengths and contribute to society
Curriculum PolicyPrinciple of Educational Structure
Kindai University aims to accomplish its founding principles and educational goal by offering curricula that reflect the characteristics of each faculty. The two pillars of a Kindai University education are general education courses and major courses. We also offer a variety of programs—including volunteer activities, internship programs, and programs designed for obtaining licenses in a number of specialized fields—through which our faculty and administrative staff members can help students achieve their academic, individual, and career goals.
Kindai University also offers opportunities for students, faculty members, and those in various career fields to learn from each other, working towards realizing a society in which everyone has an opportunity to be involved in life-long learning.
- We offer programs designed to assess incoming students’ basic academic skills and to help develop and enhance those skills.
- Faculty members in the specialized major programs also teach general education courses in order to coordinate and integrate practical academism and general education.
- Specialized major programs are designed to help students acquire in-depth academic skills together with an essential fundamental knowledge that relates to social needs. When necessary, we offer inter-faculty programs to strengthen students’ expertise by providing them with multiple perspectives.
- We meet global educational standards in order to enable our students to make worthwhile contributions in various international fields.
- We promote close business-academic coordination to achieve effective practical education.
- We offer opportunities for adult continual education to contribute to realizing a society of life-long learning.
- We develop inter-faculty training for students to acquire practical qualifications in various fields.
- We offer opportunities such as volunteer activities, internships, and study-abroad programs so that students can enjoy fruitful experiences in both local communities and international settings.
Diploma Policy Principle on Graduation Accreditation and Academic Degrees
Kindai University’s express educational purpose is to foster students who have a strong will to contribute to society using the deep knowledge and sincere aspirations acquired here based on our founding principles and educational goal—all so that they can make meaningful contributions to society. To achieve this purpose, students’ educational achievements are professionally assessed, and the diploma and academic degrees are conferred to students who have successfully achieved the required number of credits.
Before graduating, students need to meet the following qualifications:
- Students should educate themselves so that they can continue to develop as caring, trustworthy, and respectable individuals.
- Students should acquire academic maturity and independent insight. Graduates should also acquire sufficient knowledge and skills in their specialized areas and be involved in further inquiry and social contributions.
- Students should acquire academic knowledge that enables them to contextualize their inquiries in broader historical and ethical perspectives.
- Students should be able to appreciate and respect different cultures and values with international perspectives, allowing them to rediscover the value of their own cultural tradition.