Kindai University’s Educational Principles
Kindai University’s founding principles are ‘learning for the real world’ and ‘nurturing intellectual and emotional intelligence’, and we are committed to our educational goal of developing students into individuals who are caring, trustworthy, and respectable. We firmly believe that our founding principles and educational goal will be all the more important in the 21st century as Japan continues to develop further into a knowledge-based society.
As a full-range academic institution with different faculties and strengths, we are trying to achieve the union of practical education and the nurturing of intellectual and emotional intelligence. Practical education in its true sense does not necessarily seek simple practicability; it also requires us to understand the meaning of the events unfolding around us. Standing firmly on an understanding of reality, we should continue to make steady efforts towards creative, intellectual, and emotional intelligence while keeping historical and cultural perspectives in mind. What makes for caring, trustworthy, and respectable people? We believe that such people are self-motivated and can spur themselves on to contribute to society throughout their lifetime. Our mission in today’s world is to send such individuals into society.
We welcome applicants, from Japan and around the world, who share the views expressed in our founding principles and educational goal.
- Those with suitable academic achievements and emotional maturity
- Those who wish to learn in earnest and intend to set up their own objectives and seek their own solutions
- Those who are able to trust and respect others and desire to be a person who is caring, trustworthy, and respectable
- Those who seek practical academic skills together with international perspectives
- Those who wish to further develop their own strengths and contribute to society
Admission Policy of KUFE
Based on the founding principles of Kindai University, Faculty of Engineering offers practical education to encourage students to ‘be human’, to ‘be professional’, to ‘be global’ for engineers and researchers to establish a sustainable society, and to ‘be global’. We welcome the following applicants:
- Those who have both attained the educational foundation necessary to study in Faculty of Engineering and who are interested in the active pursuit of learning.
- Those with emotional maturity who have understanding of, and respect for a wide range of values in the community.
- Those who understand the importance of our coexistence with nature and have great spirit for creating new technologies contributing to our society.
- Those who wish to act on the global perspective.
- Basics of mathematics, physics, chemistry, biology, etc. necessary for engineering education.
- Japanese: Reading comprehension, expressiveness in writing, and logical thinking.
- Foreign language(English): Ability to acquire information in accordance with specific purposes, understand the ideas correctlly, and express the ideas in English.
Curriculum Policy (Principle of Educational Structure)
Kindai University aims to accomplish its founding principles and educational goal by offering curricula that reflect the characteristics of each faculty. The two pillars of a Kindai University education are general education courses and major courses. We also offer a variety of programs—including volunteer activities, internship programs, and programs designed for obtaining licenses in a number of specialized fields—through which our faculty and administrative staff members can help students achieve their academic, individual, and career goals.
Kindai University also offers opportunities for students, faculty members, and those in various career fields to learn from each other, working towards realizing a society where everyone has an opportunity to be involved in life-long learning.
- We offer programs designed to assess incoming students’ basic academic skills and to help develop and enhance those skills.
- Faculty members in the specialized major programs also teach general education courses in order to coordinate and integrate practical academism and general education.
- Specialized major programs are designed to help students acquire in-depth academic skills together with an essential fundamental knowledge that relates to social needs. When necessary, we offer inter-faculty programs to strengthen students’ expertise by providing them with multiple perspectives.
- We meet global educational standards in order to enable our students to make worthwhile contributions in various international fields.
- We promote close business-academic coordination to achieve effective practical education.
- We offer opportunities for adult continual education to contribute to realizing a society of life-long learning.
- We develop inter-faculty training for students to acquire practical qualifications in various fields.
- We offer opportunities such as volunteer activities, internships, and study-abroad programs so that students can enjoy fruitful experiences in both local communities and international settings.
Curriculum Policy of KUFE
Kindai University Faculty of Engineering aims to foster engineers and researchers who are endowed with humanity, professionalism and global perspectives.
Fundamental education: General subjects
We aim at the balanced development of a spirit of self-exploration, logical thinking, expressiveness in writing, and interests in science, health, occupations, environment, etc., to help students attain extensive, harmonious, and deep knowledge while developing their personality.
Fundamental education: Foreign languages
Proficiency-dependent teaching in English classes is established so that students can acquire a basic command of English efficiently. The systematic course distribution and the balanced lectures, training and remedial courses will lead to the enhancement of interest in different cultures, a practical English ability, and an international cosmopolitan outlook.
Specialized education courses
The basic and specialized courses are hierarchically organized and specialized by field and level, with cross-cutting courses between subject groups systematically located so that students can acquire a wide range of applicable professional expertise. Practical expertise to contribute to the industries will be fostered through exercises, experiments and training using problem-based learning and collaborative researches between industry and academia.
Comprised of five programs; wellness, information technology, international engineering, pedagogy, and technology management, an interdisciplinary perspective is to be fostered.
Diploma Policy (Principle on Graduation Accreditation and
Kindai University’s express educational purpose is to foster students who have a strong will to contribute to society using the deep knowledge and sincere aspirations acquired here based on our founding principles and educational goal—all so that they can make meaningful contributions to society. To achieve this purpose, students’ educational achievements are professionally assessed, and the diploma and academic degrees are conferred to students who have successfully achieved the required number of credits.
Before graduating, students need to meet the following qualifications:
- Students should educate themselves so that they can continue to develop as caring, trustworthy, and respectable individuals.
- Students should acquire from their learned knowledge the academic maturity of independent insight. Graduates should also acquire sufficient knowledge and skills in their specialized areas and be involved in further inquiry and social contributions.
- Students should acquire academic knowledge that enables them to contextualize their inquiries in broader historical and ethical perspectives.
- Students should be able to appreciate and respect different cultures and values with international perspectives so that they can rediscover the value of their own cultural tradition.
Diploma Policy of KUFE
We aim to foster engineers and researchers who are endowed with humanity, professionalism and a spirit of cosmopolitanism. Graduation is approved to the students who have acquired the designated units after the strict assessment of their achievement. A bachelor’s degree in engineering is granted. The following are the qualifications for the students to be acquired:
- Students have developed not only common decency and morals but also problem-solving attitudes to embark on challenges based on or beyond their knowledge of specialized fields.
- Students have developed the ability to identify, analyze, and solve problems and deal with the new challenges of realizing a sustainable society making the best of expertise as engineers and researchers.
- Students have developed the ability to express ideas in writing, the capacity to think logically, enhanced power of communication, and the ability to take action from global perspectives through a wide range of knowledge.