Department of Biotechnology and Chemistry
Through studies in the fields of chemistry, life, food and environment, students aim at becoming engineers who can contribute to Monodzukuri (manufacturing) leading to solutions of health and environmental issues, with a wide variety of perspectives.
Biological and Chemical Engineering Course [JABEE]
Study a wide range of subjects from chemistry to biological engineering for the professional engineer
The graduates of this course, the first-stage of the Professional Engineer examination is exempt, have the qualification to become as an associate professional engineer (national qualification). Students can study a wide range of subjects from chemistry to biological engineering, and furthermore specialized subjects in the interdisciplinary fields to acquire the necessary skills to apply their knowledge in an interdisciplinary context.
Environmental Chemistry Course
Intensive studies of each specialized fields with a specific purpose
On the wide range of subjects to choose, students make intensive studies of each specialized fields of chemistry, bioengineering, and environmental chemistry from the basics to application in this course. Through these studies students will acquire the abilities of applying to Monodzukuri. (manufacturing) with taking into account of global environmental issues as engineers and researchers.
Food Science Course
Intensive study of the relationship between life and food
In this course students study the relationship between food and life. Students make an intensive study of the relationship between the food components and the functions of biological and cell systems from the basics to application along with food hygiene. Through these studies students will acquire the abilities developing safe and higher functional food products and utilizing for quality control.
Qualifications to be targeted:
- Professional Engineer (Chemistry, Environment, and Biotechnology & Bioengineering Disciplines)
- Food Sanitation Supervisor
- Food Sanitation Inspector
- Qualification Test for Bioengineer (Middle & Upper Classes)
- Certified Environmental Measurer
- Hazardous Materials Engineer’s Licenses (Classes A & B)
- Pollution Control Manager (related to water, air, and dioxins)
- Person Responsible for Handling Poisonous Substances and Deleterious Substances
- Junior High School Teacher, 1st Class (Science & Technical Arts)
- High School Teacher, 1st Class (Science & Industry)