Academic Staff and Fellows
- ABE Koji
- Associate Professor Ph.D. in Engineering
- Department/Informatics Graduate school/Electronic Engineering
Our goal is to build an intelligent computer that behaves like a human. We are engaged in research involving image and audio media on a variety of software systems that take into account human subjectivity, experience, and sensitivity.
Computer-aided Diagnosis for Medical Images (CAD)
|Research Area||Media Informatics,
Medical Image Processing,
|Research Interests||Content-based Image Retrieval (CBIR), Content-based Video Retrieval (CBVR), Computer-aided Diagnosis for Medical Images (CAD), Computer Vision (CV)|
(1) Application of a Computer-aid Diagnosis of Pneumoconiosis for CR X-ray Images, Journal of Biomedical Engineering and Medical Imaging, vol.1, iss.5, pp.113-122, Oct. 2014.
(2) Computer-aided diagnosis of pneumoconiosis X-ray images scanned with a common CCD scanner, Automation, Control and Intelligent Systems, vol.1, no.2, pp.24-33, Apr. 2013.
(3) Brain-computer Interface for Assisting Decision-making on Individual Preference by Switching Support Vector Machines, International Journal of Computational Science, vol.4, no.6, pp.477-490, Dec. 2010.
|Research and Achievements|
|BS and MS from Kogakuin University|
|Ph.D. in Engineering from Kanazawa University|
|Title of Thesis, Institute, Date||Research on Similarity Retrieval of Trademark Images, Kanazawa University, Mar. 2001.|
Laboratory for Media Informatics and Cognitive Science